Volunteers make the hearts of Maine communities beat!
Since 1987, the Governor's Awards for Service and Volunteerism have celebrated and recognized the role of citizen volunteers in the success and vitality of Maine communities. At the same time, the awards seek to inspire others to be active in civic life and follow in the footsteps of those recognized.
Know a service hero? Submit a Governor's Award for Service and Volunteerism nomination by 6/30/2020
- Nominate an individual, business, organization, or school that exemplifies service to the community.
- Awards cover public, community, and national service.
- Winners will be selected in early summer and the awards will be presented at the Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference in October.
- Nominations are open and will be accepted through June 30, 2020. (See Governor's Service Awards pages in right sidebar menu.)
Youth and Adult Rolls of Honor: 2020 nominations CLOSED -- thanks for nominating!
- These two volunteer appreciation programs are non-competitive and no cost. One is for adults, the other for youth.
- All nominees with documented service will be recognized as part of National Volunteer Recognition month.
- Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor nominees must be 19 years of age or older and volunteered at least 500 documented hours in the prior calendar year.
- Young Maine Volunteer Roll of Honor nominees must be 18 years of age or younger and volunteered at least 50 hours in the prior year.
- Submission deadline for both - CLOSED