Maine AmeriCorps Virtual Recruitment Fair
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2020
Time: 2 p.m. (Fair will conclude no later than 3:15 p.m. but may end earlier depending on participation)
Register now: Access Zoom meeting registration page
(Please note: Closed captioning during live broadcast may not be 100% accurate. A replay version of the info session will correct any errors.)
Questions/clarification: Please email email@example.com
Give a year; be part of the solution in Maine
Are you someone who takes the lead? Runs to take on a challenge while others wait for a solution?
Do you want to help Maine communities get back up and running after the pandemic?
AmeriCorps programs in Maine are looking for the next class of individuals to get things done! Are you ready to accept the challenge?
Hear all about the benefits of serving in AmeriCorps directly from Maine program representatives and alumni during our virtual recruitment fair on Thursday, June 4! It's your chance to ask questions and learn how each program serves its respective community.
Who is AmeriCorps service for?
- Recent high school graduates looking for a gap year;
- College students looking to reduce the cost of tuition;
- College graduates looking to build skills;
- Adults looking for a new direction or challenge;
- Anyone 18 or older looking to do some good in the world.
Which programs are recruiting right now?
- AmeriCorps RecoveryCorps Program (recovery coaching)
- LearningWorks Aim High AmeriCorps (elementary education)
- Maine Partnership for Environmental Stewardship AmeriCorps Program (environmental stewardship and education)
- First4 AmeriCorps Program (early childhood education and support)
- Seeds of Hope AmeriCorps (addressing homelessness/food security)
Be the greater good!
Serving in AmeriCorps will allow you to be a helping hand to those in need, build valuable skills, and earn money for post-secondary education or training. So, are you ready to get things done?
Why serve in Maine?
- Transform communities
- Earn an education award
- Experience Maine's natural resources
- Gain skills
- Receive benefits during service
(living allowance, health coverage, child care)
- Be part of the COVID-19 relief effort
Click the link to learn more about Maine AmeriCorps programs.
Click the link for additional information on joining AmeriCorps.
All resources are PDF files and are courtesy of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
- Download or access AmeriCorps membership brochure
- Download or access AmeriCorps ways to serve document
- Download or access AmeriCorps recruitment presentation (quick facts/overview)
Next step: Create a profile on Service Year
Service Year is your hub for AmeriCorps opportunities in Maine. Create a profile, save your information, and easily apply to any position that fits your interests. Browse AmeriCorps openings in Maine on Service Year.
Want a better understanding of what it's like to serve in Maine? View the Maine AmeriCorps member profile below to hear from current program members how AmeriCorps service has transformed their lives for the better. And don't forget to check out the "What is AmeriCorps" video for a short overview of the program.
Maine AmeriCorps member profiles: First4 AmeriCorps program
What is AmeriCorps?