Friday, April, 2016
UPDATED LOCATION: Conference Room, Gambling Control Board, 45 Commerce Drive #1, Augusta, ME 04333
This location is a state office building shared by several agencies. The public entrance is on the front by the large flag poles and is marked for Dept. of Public Safety. After entering, proceed straight ahead down the large corridor to a ceiling sign marking the Gambling Control Board (right side of corridor).
All business meetings are open to the public. Parking is on Union Street. Walk down either of the side drives to the back to reach the public entrance.
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Holmes|
|10:10||Call to Order||Holmes|
|10:12||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
3. Quiz Answer
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
|Focus on Mission/Responsibilities|
|10:15||A. Briefing about Excellence and Expertise Task Force
1. Task force charge
2. Ongoing activities/responsibilities (maintenance of effort)
3. Strategic Plan – strategies assigned for 2014 – 2017; completed work in 2015; focus for 2016.
|10:25||B. Formal consent of board for executive director to designate of Maine Volunteer Foundation as private support organization
1. Review of foundation status. Legislation states "executive director of the commission, with the consent of the voting members of the commission, shall designate a nonprofit corporation as the private support organization for the commission."
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|10:35||A. Review of AmeriCorps Member survey results for 2015||Crofton|
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:45|| A. Minutes
1. February meeting
|10:50||B. Executive Committee
1. Meeting notes posted. Respond to any clarifications requested.
|10:55||C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Confidentiality policy -- AAG advice about non-disclosure
2. Overview and discussion of new Commission performance measures
3. Recommended use of additional AmeriCorps allotment
|11:05||D. Board Development
1. Any updates
|11:10||E. Excellence and Expertise
1. Meeting notes are posted. Respond to clarifications requested.
|11:15||F. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. Meeting updates from April 12: Designation of core events; Distribution of annual report; other
|11:25||G. CNCS Regional Office update||Hite|
|11:30||I. MCCS Staff
1. Staff changes.
2. Program Development fund goals
3. State Audit results
4. CNCS monitoring site visit and board implications
5. Assistance requests
|Business Wrap Up|
|11:45||A. Adjourn to Task Force Work Sessions
1. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
2. Next business meeting is May 20, 2016- Klahr Center, Univ. of Maine, Augusta