To facilitate board communication and assure compliance with the requirements for public notice, all MCCS meetings and work sessions will be posted on this site's Calendar as well as the State of Maine Legislative Calendar.
Task Force chairs are asked to check the dates/times/locations for their groups and notify staff of any changes.
As MCCS adds new staff and commissioners, we hope this central posting will help us all avoid "double booking" and, at the same time, make communication with partners smoother.
1. Business meeting minutes: November 2017
3. Grant Selection and Performance: January 2018
- Maine Campus Compact (continuation)
- LearningWorks (continuation)
- Healthy Acadia (new - cost reimbursement)
- Maine Conservation Corps (re-compete - fixed amount)
5. Public Information and Education: available after 1/12/18 meeting
MCCS Team Report:
Grant Programs Officer: Current
Program Development and Training Officer: Current
Maine Service Enterprise effort now has website
Maine Volunteer Foundation also has a web presence.
Certificate in Volunteer Management course - Winter session registration is open
Commissioners are welcome to take it. Contact Maryalice for link to bypass registration fee.
Civic Deserts issued October 2017 by National Conference on Citizenship
Funders Guide to Investing in Volunteer Engagement issued 2017 by the Leighty Foundation
This document is an update of the 2004 guide issued by the UPS foundation. Key members of the team working on this were from Fixler Group, Leighty Foundation, and the Center for Nonprofit Excellence