Friday, October 19, 2018
Dept. of Economic and Community Development
Room 339 Cross Office Building, 111 Sewall St, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The closest parking is the State Parking Garage on the corner of Sewall and Capitol streets. Enter the Cross Office Building from the Capitol Street side and walk to the middle of the building where elevators can take visitors to third floor.
|Swearing in new Commissioner||Portela|
|Public Comment Period|
|10:15||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:17||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|10:25||A. Briefing on Grant Selection Process and Subsequent Monitoring
1. Selection process with emphasis on tech review tasks of Commissioners
2. Monitoring of grantees - two forms of monitoring, what is reviewed, timing, how is it submitted, what is done with the results
(Reports submitted are posted.)
1. September meeting. Minutes posted for review.
|10:50||B. Executive Committee
1. Review of appointments and task force/ad hoc chairs
2. Respond to questions about September meeting notes
|10:55||C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Meeting notes are posted. Action on 2 recommendations from notes.
|11:10||D. Excellence and Expertise
1. No report.
|11:12||E. America's Service Commissions (ASC) Public Policy Committee update||Crofton|
|11:17||H. Public Information and Education/ Public Policy
1. No report.
|11:19||I. CNCS Update||Hite|
|11:24||J. MCCS Staff
1. External Peer Reviewer Recruitment
2. Staff changes and interim assignments
3. Conference rebranding
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|11:35||A. Informational items from retreat
1. CNCS organizational chart (L Hite)
2. Electronic attendance at meetings (C Branham)
3. What is VolunteerMaine.org (C Branham)
B. MCCS Budget and Funding (Crofton)
1. Briefing on funding sources, restrictions, uses
2. Action on budget for Jan-Dec 2019 for Commission operation.
|Business Wrap Up|
|12:00 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (November 9)