Friday, January 18, 2019
Maine Govt East Campus, 19 Elkins Lane Rm 110, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The parking lot faces the Eastside Wellness Center and Harlow Building. Use Arsenal Street to enter the campus.
This link shows the location of the building on the campus.
Map for Driving Directions
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:15||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:17||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
a. Day of Service retrospect
b. Senator Collins congratulations on award
4. Additions or Deletions to Agenda
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|10:20||A. Briefing on Commission Budget and Funding Sources
(Reports submitted are posted.)
1. October meeting. Minutes posted for review.
|11:15||B. Executive Committee
1. Respond to questions about meeting notes
2. Confirm Executive Committee action on 2019 Support Grant budget (see November special meeting minutes)
|11:25||C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Action on AmeriCorps Competitive Continuation proposals
2. Action on new Maine Rural AmeriCorps proposals
3. Action on new AmeriCorps Competitive proposal
|11:40||D. Excellence and Expertise
1. No report.
|11:41||E. National Public Policy Committees of states
1. States for Service
2. America's Service Commissions
|11:42||H. Public Information and Education/Public Policy
1. Meeting notes posted. Respond to questions, clarification requests.
|11:50||I. Financial Oversight
1. Proposed mission for task force.
|12:00||J. CNCS Update||Hite|
|12:05||K. MCCS Staff
1. Commission staff vacancies
2. Maine Volunteer Foundation
3. OIG audit report
4. MCCS role in state disaster response
5. Commissioner roles in events this quarter
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|12:15||A. Maine Service Fellows
1. Development to date and Commissioner feedback (see Service Fellows Task Force minutes for preparation)
|Business Wrap Up|
|12:30 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (February 15, 2019 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)
C. Adjourn to brown bag lunch presentation about Service Enterprise (what is it, MCCS history of involvement, role of Service Enterprise in current MCCS work, opportunities for Commissioners to promote it)