The mission of Volunteer Maine, the state service commission, is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
Notice of Regular Business Meeting
Friday, December 20, 2019
Maine Govt East Campus, 19 Elkins Lane Rm 110, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The parking lot faces the Eastside Wellness Center and Harlow Building. Use Arsenal Street to enter the campus.
This link shows the location of the building on the campus.
Map for Driving Directions
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:10||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:12||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
-- Maine representative at annual state commission convening in February 2020
-- Recent Commission resignations
-- Recommendations for potential Commission nominees
-- Former Commission Chair's Memories (anniversary video)
-- Strategic Plan Tracking
4. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
5. Motion to approve the agenda
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on November 1, 2019 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meeting for December 3 be accepted.
C. Communications Task Force
Moved the report of the Communications Task Force meeting on November 13, 2019 be accepted.
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:23||A. Communications Task Force
1. Report from 12/11/2019 meeting
|10:30||B. Grant Selection and Performance
(see Report tab for background documents on all 5 items)
1. Policy update and changes for Commission action
2. AmeriCorps State Competitive continuation awards: Task force recommendations
3. Results of new AmeriCorps competition: Recommendations for actions on submitted proposals
4. Recognition of AmeriCorps Peer Reviewers
5. Results of Volunteer Generation competition for new grants: Recommendations for funding actions
|11:30||C. National Public Policy issues
1. Report from ASC committee
|11:35||Financial Oversight Task Force||Burns|
|11:40||D. MCCS Staff
1. January - June: Major projects
2. Foundation update
|11:45||F. CNCS Update||Ostberg|
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|11:50||A. Commission Communications
Basecamp and website
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|12:10||No items for this meeting|
|Business Wrap Up|
|12:15 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (January 18, 2020 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)