The mission of the Maine Commission for Community Service is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
Notice of Regular Business Meeting
Friday, May 17, 2019
Maine Govt East Campus, 19 Elkins Lane Rm 110, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The parking lot faces the Eastside Wellness Center and Harlow Building. Use Arsenal Street to enter the campus.
This link shows the location of the building on the campus.
Map for Driving Directions
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:15||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:17||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
4. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
5. Motion to approve the agenda
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on April 19, 2019 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meeting on May 7, 2019 be accepted.
Moved that the report of the Communications Task Force meeting on May 8, 2019 be accepted..
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|10:35||A. The Corporation for National and Community Service Transformation Plan: From a state commission perspective. Briefing by ASC Executive Director, Kaira Esgate||Branham|
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|11:00||A. Financial Oversight
1. Commission feedback on proposed scorecard for finances
|11:10||B. National Public Policy issues
1. States for Service - 2020 federal budget House mark up
2. America's Service Commissions
|11:15||C. Maine Service Fellows
1. Update from 5/18 meeting
1. Discussion and feedback from Commissioners on new logo/emblem
|11:30||K. MCCS Staff
1. Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference update
2. Professional Development Fund application deadlines
3. Request in state budget for general funds
|11:45||L. CNCS Update||Hite|
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|11:50||A. No items for consideration this month|
|Business Wrap Up|
|11:55 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (June 21, 2019 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)
C. Adjourn to meeting with Maine Volunteer Foundation