The mission of Volunteer Maine, the state service commission, is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
NOTICE: Regular Business Meeting
Thursday, September 24, 2020
As authorized under Sec. G-1. 1 MRSA §403-A, the Commission will convene using technology. Commission meetings are open to the public. Members of the public can access the meeting use this phone number and code: 929 205 6099 , code: 886 6645 0988#; password: 688181# . A request to make a public comments may be submitted by email to Service.Commission [at] maine.gov any time before 9:00 am on October 16, 2020.
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:10||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:12||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Swearing In New Commissioners: Options
3. Quiz Answer
4. Announcements and Appreciations
a. Orientation overview for new members
b. Draft Facilitator Notes from board retreat sent to members. Next steps.
c. Assessment of successful and unsuccessful AmeriCorps grantees: summary of findings and recommendations sent to all members for information but Grants will take the lead on next steps.
d. Difference in today's meeting
5. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
6. Motion to approve the agenda including consent agenda
|Consent Agenda (reports/minutes listed here can be found on the "Reports & Drafts" tab above.|
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on September 24, 2020 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meeting for October 6 be accepted.
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|10:35||A. Inspector General Audit
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:40||A. Grant Selection and Performance
1. No report expected
|10:42||B. National Public Policy issues
1. Report from ASC committee
|10:50||C. Communications Task Force
1. Update on education award legislation exploration
2. Proposed data elements for Commission's new home page
|11:00||D. Financial Oversight
1. Proposed office budget for 2021
|11:10||E. Volunteer Maine Staff
1. State budget reductions and changes
2. Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference
|11:15||G. CNCS Update
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|11:20||A. Establishing Commission Funding Priorities for 2021-2026
1. Summary of research done in preparation for this
2. Context for decisions: When state priorities would apply; What is addressed in current grants
3. First consideration: Community driven or Focused investment
4. Next consideration: Matching priorities to opportunities
5. Plan for priorities and next steps including public comment
|Business Wrap Up|
|1:00 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting December 18 at 10 am