The mission of Volunteer Maine, the state service commission, is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
NOTICE: Regular Business Meeting
Friday, June 26, 2020
As authorized under Sec. G-1. 1 MRSA §403-A, the Commission will convene using technology. Commission meetings are open to the public. Members of the public can access the meeting use this phone number and code: (929) 205-6099, code: 817 8723 8179#; password:484216# . A request to make a public comments may be submitted by email to Service.Commission [at] maine.gov any time before 8:30 am on June 26, 2020.
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:10||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:12||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
a. Distribution of open letter from Commissioners
b. Commission retreat, save the dates
4. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
5. Motion to approve the agenda
|Consent Agenda (reports/minutes listed here can be found on the "Reports & Drafts" tab above.|
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on May 15, 2020 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meetings for June 2, 2020 be accepted.
C. Financial Oversight Task Force
Moved that the report of the Financial Oversight Task Force meeting for May 28, 2020 be accepted.
D. Communications Task Force
Moved that the report of the Financial Oversight Task Force meeting for June 17, 2020 be accepted.
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|10:35||A. Biennial election of officers
1. Action on slate proposed at May 15 meeting.
B. Preparing for September appointments to board
1. Process for requesting re-appointment
2. Seats needing new candidates by July 15 (See report under "Background" section of "Reports and Drafts")
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:45||A. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Recommendations and final actions on new AmeriCorps Formula operating grants
2. Recommendation and final action on new AmeriCorps Formula Planning grants
3. Recognition of Formula Peer Reviewers
|11:00||E. National Public Policy issues
1. Report from ASC committee
2. CORPS Act and implications
|11:20||F. Volunteer Maine Staff
1. Research reports completed and presentation plan for board
2. Update on Commission staffing
3. Update on OIG actions in Maine
4. Major summer projects in the office
5. Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference
|11:40||G. CNCS Update
1. CNCS rebranding/branding project -- announced timeline and name change
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|12:10||A. Discussion of Commission needs and expectations or requests of Maine Volunteer Foundation.
B. 2019 findings: AmeriCorps Member Feedback (see report under "Background" section of "Reports and Drafts")
|Business Wrap Up|
|12:00 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms (link is in email sent after meeting)
B. Next meeting (Sept. 2020 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)