Administrative Staff Reports
July 12, 2011
(Originally posted June 10, 2011)
FROM: Rochelle Runge
This report covers the time period from May to June 10th 2011.
AmeriCorps Week Impact:
AmeriCorps Teen Leadership Career Corps:
o 4 members participated in AmeriCorps Week activities.
o During the Leadership Through Learning workshop and resource fair more than 270 students were introduced to AmeriCorps.
Community Resource Corps AmeriCorps Program:
o 4 CRC Members participated in 4 projects
o 16 other CRC members participated in AmeriCorps Alum projects
o 41 community volunteers participated
o CRC members and community volunteers contributed 127 hours of service
As a result of AmeriCorps Week activities:
o Over $6,000 was raised for the Millinocket Musical Boosters Club
o 89 meals on wheels were prepared for homebound seniors in the St. John Valley
o 4 bags full of trash were removed out of the Lincoln
Maine Conservation Corps AmeriCorps Program:o 22 MCC AmeriCorps members participated in 8 projects. o 62 community volunteers participated in 8 projects.
o MCC AmeriCorps members volunteered 75 hours total. o Community volunteers served 184.5 hours total.
As a result of our AmeriCorps Week activities:
o 3,784 native shrubs were planted to create habitat for the endangered New England Cottontail.
o 74 community members and students learned about AmeriCorps.
o 1 stream was cleared for alewife fish passage. o 3 trails were cleaned up and maintained for the upcoming season.
o 89 community volunteers participated as actors in the Mass Rescue Exercise.
o AmeriCorps members volunteered 140 hours total.
o Community volunteers volunteered approximately 880 hours.
- Designed postcard
- Designed website
- Designed Animoto video and distributed as a save the date
Volunteer Disaster Coordination
- Manage full-time Emergency Management VISTA
- Coordinated Maine Street segments monthly
- Include TWC in press releases where appropriate
- Began PSA/commercial development for Vmaine and Service-learning
- Maintained both sites. Requiring weekly and sometimes daily updates
- Designed/updated AmeriCorps Week web page
- Facilitated redesign meeting for volunteermaine.org
-Launched new VolunteerMaine.org!!!!!!!
- Facilitated conversations around redesign
- Facilitated conversations on licensing and database structure
- Convened meetings
- Wrote notes and agendas. Posted online
- Sent meeting reminders and answered members questions
- Wrote and distribute relevant press releases. See www.maineservicecommission.gov and VolunteerMaine.org - 58 press clips featuring and/or mentioning AmeriCorps, VolunteerMaine, or MCCS were in Maine papers during the month of May.
- Post blogs 2-3 times a week - Sent reminders to featured bloggers and recruited guest posts weekly
Twitter and Face Book
-Approved fans and friends weekly
-Post messages daily.
-Wrote June issue of VolunteerFare newsletter and posted online
- Worked with Andrew to create agenda
- Wrote agenda and notes for meetings and posted them online
- Worked on new marketing plan.
VISTA host site development
- Met with three organizations serving veterans that seemed like they would be good fits for our project.