Administrative Staff Reports
January 14, 2013
Submitted by Meredith Eaton
- Facilitated quarterly National Service and Volunteerism Council meeting on December 6th for a record of 29 attendees, including staff from AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, Volunteer Generation Fund, and guest from the CNCS State Office and the State Bureau of Identification.
- Attended monthly AmeriCorps Training and Technical Assistance meeting on December 6th.
- Attended quarterly meeting of Maine Senior Corps council as MCCS Staff liaison on December 6th.
- Management of From the Field blog. Five blogs posted during November and December. The blog is down to three featured bloggers, so a key focus in the coming months will be supplementing with guest bloggers and cultivating 3-7 additional featured bloggers.
- Submitted annual report on Program Development and Training grant activities to CNCS program officer, which was accepted with no clarification issues. At this time, there is no application for funding for PDAT available from CNCS; additional information is expected in spring 2013.
- Participated in monthly CNCS Training Office Community of Practice call.
- Closeout of Blaine House Conference-processing payments, evaluations, etc.
Maine VISTA Project
- In November, said goodbye to VISTA Leaders Erin Dunne and Eileen Buzzello and welcomed new VISTA Leader Edie Davis. On-site orientation for Edie.
- Conducted a daylong VISTA member training for members on November 13th. Trainings were provided by members in collaboration and partnership building, data collection, and fundraising. Conducted a VISTA training webinar on December 13th; the topic was an introduction to performance measurement.
- Welcomed seven new VISTA members in November-December at 2nd year sites Pine Tree Legal Assistance (Bangor), Healthy Androscoggin (Lewiston), and Tri-County Mental Health Services (Lewiston) and brand new 1st year sites Hardy Girls Healthy Women (Waterville), Kennebec County Sheriff's Office (Augusta), Finance Authority of Maine (Augusta), and American Red Cross (Portland). The member at Tri-County Mental Health Services exited service after three weeks due to accepting an offer of other employment. Conducted daylong project orientation for new members on December 11th.
- One VISTA member, Carin Jollotta, who served at Sweetser in Saco, exited service early due to her deployment to Afghanistan with the Maine Air National Guard. She plans to return to VISTA service to complete her term upon her return stateside in summer of 2013.
- Provided technical assistance to host sites and supervisors. Conducted a training webinar for VISTA supervisors on December 5th which gave an overview to performance measurement and Theory of Change.
- Began recruitment processes for five VISTA positions to start in February 2013, including outreach, screening, and interviewing. Selections will be made in January 2013.
- Traveled to Concord, NH to participate in a tri-state meeting for VISTA Project Directors. This was an excellent opportunity to learn from and share information and best practices with peers in NH and Vermont.
- Attendance at bi-weekly staff meetings and monthly Commission meeting.
- Representing state commission on national OnCorps (reporting software) User's Group.
- Management of social media accounts for MCCS.