Administrative Staff Reports
March 30, 2018
March 30, 2018
Report submitted by: Laurel Bernier, Grants Officer
Major projects completed:
- Co-facilitated AmeriCorps program staff Technical Assistance (TA) meeting on March 1.
- Distributed Site Visit Interview Reports to programs and the Grant Selection and Performance Task Force.
- Began updating our monitoring tool for member records, by comparing them with CNCS’ tools and regulations. Updated tool includes more citations and less repetition.
- Approved budget amendments for RSU14/SySTEM REAL, and EMDC/Northern Maine Development Corps.
- Completed online management concepts course re: uniform admin requirements for federal grants: 2 CFR 200; attended webinars on CNCS progress reporting, attended Maine Association of Nonprofit's webinar on implementing the new financial reporting standard
- Created templates for National Service Criminal History Check enforcement and disallowance documentation, for MCCS staff to use when noncompliant checks are found.
- AmeriCorps Member Conference was on 3/28. Most of my time on this event was spent planning the (TA) meeting for Program Staff, including sending an agenda, printing resources, communicating with staff, and sending minutes afterward.
Issues to be aware of:
- Due to an issue that CNCS was having with member eligibility verifications, some members’ education awards were put on hold if their program still needs to verify their citizenship/identity and/or Social Security Number. We are working with CNCS and programs to ensure they submit requested documentation, and we instructed program staff to do so by 4/14.
Major focus of effort for the next month:
- Completing site visits for Conservation Corps and EMDC.
- Promoting and celebrating National Service Recognition Day, 4/3.
- Participating in the MCCS Visioning Conference, 4/6.
- Reviewing program GPRs (due 4/20) and communicating any needed revisions.
- Preparing & submitting mid-year GPR to CNCS, due 4/30.