Administrative Staff Reports
June 1, 2018
May 31, 2018
Report submitted by: Laurel Bernier, Grants Officer
Major projects completed:
- Completed on-site program monitoring at University of Southern Maine/Maine Campus Compact (USM-MCC), United Way of TriValley Area (UWTVA), and LearningWorks. Completed fiscal monitoring at USM-MCC and UWTVA. Began program monitoring at Goodwill.
- Continued technical assistance for Eastern Maine Development Corporation on program startup and compliance.
- EMDC Continuation Assessment & Performance Report, and tech review with Grant Selection & Performance Task Force.
- Trainings: Regional National Service Conference, Volunteer Reception Center (emergency management), and State of Maine employee trainings on harassment and cyber security.
Issues to be aware of:
- RSU14/SySTEM REAL School’s AmeriCorps Program Director left their position abruptly in mid-May. The current Program Director needs significant assistance in taking over the program, ensuring compliance and enrolling the rest of their members. The timing of this transition at the end of the school year has been a challenge for RSU14 staff since they already have so many commitments in May and June.
- As of 6/1/2018, enrollment rates for RSU14, EMDC, and LearningWorks are all below 51%. These programs need to enroll a significant number of members soon, so they have time to complete their service terms before the end of the grant year.
Major focus of effort for the next month:
- Complete desk reviews & monitoring reports, and follow up with grantees re: compliance and corrective actions.
- Recently, CNCS has released information about upcoming changes, including that AmeriCorps members will need to be enrolled in the MyAmeriCorps Portal before their start of service. MCCS staff is ensuring that programs received and understand these updates, especially as they plan for next year.
- Rural State AmeriCorps grantee trainings.