Administrative Staff Reports
July 5, 2018
Report submitted by: Laurel Bernier, Grants Officer
Major projects completed:
- 2 trainings/workshop sessions, and additional technical assistance for AmeriCorps applicants approved by the Commission, to finish up their logic models, performance measures, etc.
- Completed Program & Fiscal Monitoring Reports for USM-Maine Campus Compact and United Way of Tri-Valley Area, and communicated with programs on additional information to provide before final report is issued. Continued working on Program Monitoring Reports for Goodwill and LearningWorks.
- Participated in online trainings from CNCS and AmeriCorps State & National, to assess whether they would be helpful to program staff starting this summer
Issues to be aware of:
- The most widespread compliance issue during Program Monitoring has been timesheets, primarily that members and/or staff are not listing enough information on their activities. The monitoring process helps current programs catch these issues, and more instruction is likely needed on timekeeping requirements at 2018-2019 grantee training.
- Starting July 2, CNCS requires new members to be “pre-enrolled” in the My AmeriCorps Portal, meaning their background checks must be initiated and their Social Security Number and Citizenship verified in the Portal before their first day of service.
Major focus of effort for the next month:
- Issuing final monitoring reports, including corrective actions and/or disallowances (if necessary)
- Planning and executing AmeriCorps grantee training on 7/19, & planning for 3 trainings in August
- Continued technical support to current grantees, especially around new pre-enrollment requirements