Administrative Staff Reports
December 1, 2018
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed; Nov 2018 –
- Collaborated with Maine After School Network in completing the continuation application for ASC/Mott Foundation funding to continue work developing AmeriCorps initiatives in afterschool programming.
- AmeriCorps: Provided ongoing technical assistance to new and experienced grantees, assisting with OnCorps set-up and troubleshooting, budget and performance measure entry, risk management and recruiting. Complete Annual Grantee Progress Reports for all AmeriCorps grantees. Provided technical assistance to EMDC on their close-out process
- Volunteer Generation Fund. Provided technical assistance to VGF programs as requested and provided direction and support to VGF contractor.
- Provided as needed assistance to Interim Grants Officer.
Issues to be aware of –
- Upcoming presentations for County EMA directors on use of Volunteer Maine and Educate Maine.
- RFP for special formula competition is open, concurrent with annual AC Competitive RFP. We are expecting 1 re-compete and two continuations but no new competitive applications. Outreach for the special competition went out to more than 60 different organizations that have expressed interest in the past. Direct support was offered to more than a dozen since July (prior to the opening of the RFP).
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Support for new grantees.
- Assist with application review
- Updating data on members from out of state who remained in Maine for Educate Maine presentation, as well as coordination with Island Institute, who is co-presenting.
- Planning for Midcoast Service Enterprise cohort.
Other activity –
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.