Administrative Staff Reports
October 31, 2019
Oct 2019 - Administrative Staff Report
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed –
- Made an intensive push of outreach AmeriCorps competitive and formula, including rural state, competitions prior to the opening of those RFPs mid-month. Provided grant information to more than 140 potential applicants.
- Designed and hosted two day-long Bidders’ Conferences for the AmeriCorps RFP’s, one in Augusta and one in Bangor.
- Completed the Certification of Mid Coast Hunger Prevention Program as a Service Enterprise.
- Opened the Volunteer generation Fund competition with applications due in early December.
- Presented two sessions at Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference, one on Organizational Risk Management and the other a training for AmeriCorps site supervisors
- Presented at the Maine School Management Conference on how school districts can utilize National Service programming.
- Staffed a table at the fall SMCC jobs fair in support of AmeriCorps recruitment.
- Attended monthly Donations Coordination Team and Maine VOAD meetings as part of the Commission’s Disaster Preparedness role in the state. DCT is revising the Donations and Spontaneous Volunteer Management Annex to the Maine Disaster Response Framework.
- Issues to be aware of –
- AmeriCorps: KVCAP current grantees are just beginning their first AmeriCorps grant cycle so the need for technical assistance related to start-up challenges and additional one-on-one feedback and assistance with specific tasks is high. This is normal for new grantees, but it occupies a significant amount of time.
- The Commission now has two open RFPs for formula and Competitive funding. Commissioners should be aware that any questions regarding the competitions or the RFPs should be directed to the staff member identified in the RFP documents. This is also true of the VGF competition Due dates are in mid-November for AmeriCorps applications and, as noted, December for VGF.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Complete review of grantee progress reports for all VGF grants as well as. Edit and publish VGF Continuation application for the grantees wishing four to continue.
- Support for VGF subgrantees; including renewing contract provider, providing qualitative feedback following October quarterly reporting.
- Provide support to AmeriCorps new grantees and those going into recruitment for January year-two starts.
- Revisit Midcoast-area Service Enterprise Cohort start-up. Follow-up with newly trained trainers to assist them in developing their own cohorts
- Present to Maine Development Foundation’s Spark groups on effective volunteer recruitment and management. Participate in UNE panel discussion on AmeriCorps options for current and graduating students.
- Finalize Galaxy digital contract for REDI disaster management software with Galaxy and partners at MEMA and Maine CDC
Other activity –
- Regular AmeriCorps Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts. Clarification and completion of accounting tasks left open by the exiting Secretary Specialist.