Skip to main content
Administrative Staff Reports
December 1, 2019
Nov 2019 Administrative Staff Report
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed:–
- Collaborated with Maine After School Network to develop outreach strategy for Senior Corps connections to AfterSchool programming across the state, including meetings with Foster Grandparent Program Directors. This work is funded under the ASC/Mott Foundation afterschool programming initiative.
- AmeriCorps: Provided ongoing technical assistance to grantees, assisting with eGrants enrollment processing, OnCorps troubleshooting, and recruiting, especially those programs with January start dates. Met with MSAD 70 staff in Hodgton to provide technical assistance on their close-out process. Participated in a UNE outreach meeting for students interested in government and public service positions.
- Volunteer Generation Fund. Published VGF Continuation application for the grantees wishing to continue. Posted responses to questions received related to the VGF RFP. Provided technical assistance to VGF programs as requested and provided direction and support to VGF contractor.
- Presented to Maine Development Foundation’s Realize Maine groups on effective volunteer recruitment and management.
- Met with MEMA & Medical Reserve Corps staff regarding REDI disaster management software cost sharing MOU. Also participated in the SMCOAD annual meeting to share information about the REDI software opportunities for their membership.
Issues to be aware of –
- VGF applications are due, and at least three continuations are expected, at the start of December. Closeout is in progress for one grantee and closeouts will be processed in January for any not continuing of the remaining four.
- Staff turnover continues to impact a number of grantees and will result in a number of on site, and hosted trainings to bring new staff up to speed.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Support for new staff members and rural AmeriCorps programs transitioning out of year one into their second program year.
- Managing VGF reviews, including staff appraisals and commissioner reviews and assisting with AmeriCorps application reviews.
- Re-establishing Midcoast Service Enterprise cohort that was not able to start during the summer.
Other activity –
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Primary staff for Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.