Administrative Staff Reports
April 1, 2019
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed – March 2019
- Coordinated day-of activities at National Service Day at the Hall of Flags scheduled for March 6th
- Provided significant feedback and individual support for program start-up with new Rural AmeriCorps grantees
- AmeriCorps Member Conference was held March 27th at Hutchinson Center in Belfast. 132 AmeriCorps members and 20 program staff members attended. Current members presented 16 workshops and the keynote speaker and Alums presented 2. Initial feedback has been positive. Session specific feedback is being aggregated. No main sponsor was found, but registration costs with some CIF funding will more than cover the conference cost. Members on the planning committee were able to also secure a variety of donations to support members.
- Continued to oversee Member Conference planning contractor thru event and into evaluation follow-up
- Began AmeriCorps state formula outreach to agencies who may be interested in developing applications for this spring’s formula competition. Met with Afterschool network to identify potential applicants in this arena as well.
- Continued as co-chair of Regional Conference planning committee, finalized CNCS leadership participation, and did outreach for CNCS presenters as well as other presenters and round-table facilitators
- Finalized VGF grantee quarterly reporting compliance review
Issues to be aware of –
- MCCS outreach for formula AmeriCorps programming is targeted on agencies providing services in Commission priorities, with emphasis on school readiness.
- New Rural start-up programs need significant scaffolding as they finalize recruitment and begin program start-up.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Support for Commission events (Governor’s Service Award events, Congressional visits)
- Significant outreach and program development support in advance of Formal RFP release
- Workshop for rural grantee start-ups. Hands-on problem solving session.
- Finalize contracts with Aging in Place support contractor
- Update CHRC program guidance for grantees
- Final work on midcoast Service Enterprise cohort set-up
Other activity –
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.