Skip to main content
Administrative Staff Reports
October 1, 2020
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed – September 2020
- Attended and presented at the remote AmeriCorps Symposium hosted by CNCS. Presentation was a review of the outcomes (so far) realized through the AmeriCorps Rural State grant program – more than 70 people attended.
- Sessions attended included sessions on COVID-19 responses, outreach and scaling programs.
AmeriCorps: Assisted new programs with start-up challenges and additional one-on-one trainings more specific than the general instruction offered in New Grantee trainings this summer.
- VGF: Did outreach to current grantees to ensure their financial paperwork was correct and submitted so that reimbursements could be drawn.
- Continued work with new planning grantees to assist then in forming advisory groups and start their planning steps. This included contracting with a consultant to assist the Aroostook county grantee in establishing basic policy structures.
- Provided a “beginners workshop” presentation to Southern Maine COAD and Maine VOAD members on how to use the Maine Ready platform.
Issues to be aware of –
- New grantees and experienced grantees coping with COVID-19 related start -up challenges is requiring an unusual level of ongoing technical assistance.
- The loss of our colleague has complicated finalization of some contracts he was shepherding through the system and this has required additional attention.
- Competitive application round is not expected to bring a large number of applicants, though there is always the possibility of applications from organizations that have not contacted us for development assistance.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Preparation for session hosting at the Volunteer Leadership Conference and Maine School Management Conference.
- Complete new Commission Investment Fund application
- Last-minute outreach for upcoming AmeriCorps competitive RFP.
- Establish grantee cohort for Service Enterprise with new online format
- Support for upcoming recompeting grantees, including facilitating evaluation planning
Other activity –
- Regular AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.