Skip to main content
Administrative Staff Reports
May 1, 2020
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed – April 2020
- Completed processing of COVID-19 Supplemental amendments for VGF programs providing essential services, including Catholic Charities, Southern Maine AAA, Mid Coast Hunger Prevention, and UW of Eastern Maine. Funds were unallocated VGF competition funds.
- Hosted with MEMA weekly Donations Coordination team meetings. DCT normally meets quarterly but has increased frequency to assist with statewide coordination during the Emergency Declaration period. This month, meetings were combined with the weekly VOAD update meetings involving all county EMA’s and representatives from VOAD in addition to those normally participating in DCT meetings.
- Provided AmeriCorps program guidance throughout the month related to program impacts from emerging CNCS policy, Maine Emergency Declaration including re-assignment of members, ed award changes, early member exits and out of state service for relocated college students.
- Coordinated deployment of AmeriCorps members and alums among various requesting agencies and programs, including support for Good Shepherd, Spectrum Generations and other meal delivery programs.
- Performed lead role in standing up MaineReady.org for disaster volunteer matching and management, coordinating among hosting agencies (MEMA & CDC), VOAD members and County EMA’s. Provided extensive individualized technical assistance to users and participated in the development of messaging for the system.
Issues to be aware of –
- A significant number of hours is taken up with Emergency Management functions, including MaineReady and DCT functions – well above the limited needs in “blue skies” periods
- The upcoming months will be dominated by supporting post RFP applicants design and rapidly implement programs, particularly Good Shepherd and Maine CDC.
- Planning Grants have not been issued for nine years and will require a different sort of training and support, especially at the start. The COVID-19 restrictions mean that support will need to be offered via remote means, requiring significant alteration of training designs.
- Volunteer Reception Center Training , normally scheduled for late May/early June was postponed and may require cancellation.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Shifting AmeriCorps funds to support contact tracing.
- Completing VGF reviews and setting up for remainder of VGF contract year under new circumstances.
- Providing AmeriCorps support to COVID-19 applicants and clarification & corrections for Formula continuations as nedded.
- Developing online training design for Planning grantees.
Other activity –
- Provided staff review of Competitive AmeriCorps applicant to Grants Task Force and offered technical support to Alfond Youth Center regarding entry of previously approved application into eGrants system.
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.