Board Development Task Force
August 31, 2015
The task force convened at 8:30 am by teleconference.
Present: Ron Holmes, Celeste Branham, Maryalice Crofton
Both Maryalice and Ron have had assurances from Boards and Commissions that the reappointments will be processed now that the office has more staff. (Lindsey Oliver's resignation was the result of her taking a position in the Governor's Office for Boards and Commissions.) Maryalice will reach out to Lindsey to be sure Rob Liscord's application is connected to this process. He's the candidate from last spring who has not been processed.
Celeste will firm up reappointments. Ron has passed the application to a UMaine student who has expressed a desire to serve. Other potential applicants were divided amongst those present for follow up.
Seats open now are:
- Seat 3 (Matlins): person must have experience in promoting involvement of adults aged 55 and older in service and volunteerism
- Seat 5 (Cramer) and seat 6 (Oliver): person must be at least 16 years of age but no more than 25 years of age and is a participant in or supervisor of a service program for youth or a campus-based or national service program.
- Seat 12 (McKechnie): person must have expertise in the education, training and development needs of youth, particularly disadvantaged youth
- Seat 15 (Austin): person must be the representative of business
- Seat 16 (Hammond): person must be the representative of ... environmental or public safety services to communities and persons; ... Native American tribes and nations; ... out-of-school or at-risk youth;
- Seat 19 (LaMarre): person must be a representative of local government
Commissioners will be asked to assist in a short burst of recruitment.
The meeting concluded at 9am.