July 6, 2012
ATTENDANCE: Drew Matlins, Andrew McLean, Mary-Anne LaMarre, Joan McDonald, Maryalice Crofton, Ron Holmes
- Vote on recommendations for appointments. The final roster of recommendations had room for all but two of the people who submitted candidate papers. They will be held as "active" in case there are unforeseen resignations or difficulties. Board Development recommended the following as new candidates for appointment: Bonnie Bagley, Janice Daku, Elizabeth (Betsy) Fitzgerald, Mark Hews, Dwane Hubert, Scott Blake, Nancy McKechnie, Colleen Smith, and David Wihry. Commissioners recommended for reappointment are Mary-Anne LaMarre, Andrew McLean, F. Celeste Branham, Andrew Matlin, and Lindsey Jean Oliver.
Moved by McDonald to approve recommendations to the Governor. Second by LaMarre. Roll call vote: Yes by Drew Matlins, Joan McDonald, Mary-Anne LaMarre, Andrew McLean, Ron Holmes. No one voted against. Motion passed.
Maryalice will submit the package to the Governor's Office of Boards and Commissions and check with them periodically on progress.
- Setting new meeting time for future Executive Committee sessions. The tradition of first Friday of the month at 8:30 am doesn't work for several new members. After discussion, Maryalice was directed to poll the group about two preferred times - first Monday or Tuesday of month in late afternoon.
- Checking on possible conflict in meeting times between PIE and Board Development - both have chosen the 3rd Thurs of each month, late afternoon hours. The chairs confirmed that PIE meets at 3pm and Board Development at 4pm. So long as PIE doesn't exceed an hour, no change is needed.
- Retreat update was provided by Drew. The facilitator will be Barbara Kates of Bangor. The Board Development members have met with her by phone and have a schedule for drafting the agenda. The full board should receive final information around August 13.
- No further business. Adjourned at 9:15 am