retired-Excellence and Expertise Task Force
November 14, 2014
Monthly Work Session Notes
Nov 6, 2014 via teleconference 3:30-5:00 p.m.
From Oct 17 Commission meeting - Task Forces to discuss and potential changes to Task Force structure to better address the immediate priorities:
- grant making for AmeriCorps and attention to National Service programs;
- professional development activities for grantees and volunteer managers;
- support implementation of the nonprofit Service Enterprise model;
- getting legislative permission to establish the companion nonprofit organization; and
- ensuring MCCS events are supported.
Participating in work session: Mark Hews (Chair), Bonnie Bagley, and Gordon Lui.
Task Force members not in attendance: Richard Higgins, Janice Daku, Andrew Matlins, Eileen Smart, and Pam Zeutenhorst (Staff).
Discussion of regarding Oct 17 Commission meeting task force structure and tasks assigned to E&E. Review of changes of priorities of tasks as a result of Oct 17 Commission work session.
1. Compile list of strategies and actions assigned to E&E & organize by quadrant. Mark
2. Review tasks to determine if responsibility should move to another task force. E&E
3. Create timeline between now and 2017 to accomplish tasks. E&E
4. Explore options of creating subgroups to focus on specific tasks such as Service Enterprise. E&E
Next E&E Task Force Meeting: December 4 @ 3:30-5:00 via webinar
- Review tasks and determine if responsibility should move to another task force
- Create timeline to accomplish tasks by 2017
- Discuss creating subgroups under E&E to focus on specific tasks