retired-Excellence and Expertise Task Force
March 13, 2014
Commissioners: Mark Hews (Chair), Bonnie Bagley, Richard Higgins
Staff: Pam Zeutenhorst
Commissioners not participating: Janice Daku, Eileen Smart
- Embedded in the proposed extension of the Strategic Plan under Goal #4
- Proposed additions/changes to Goal 4:
- Establish measures that capture outreach and training efforts
- Research feasibility of state certification of Service Enterprise for Non Profit & Municipalities
- Work with RS to develop a pilot curriculum "& certification criteria" for Municipalities.
Once the Strategic Plan extension is adopted, Goal 4 becomes E&E Task Force Workplan
Nonprofit Service Enterprise Model and Moving it forward
- Work with POL National Service Enterprise Pilot Model ends June 30, 2014
- Contracting with POL to provide:
- Train-the-Trainer May 19-21
- Statewide license
- To be negotiated: provide technical assistance & workshops on Service enterprise at Blaine House.
- United Way of York County & United Way of Eastern Maine Volunteer Centers funded through Volunteer Generation Fund to do Service Enterprise work. United Way of Tri-Valley & United Way of Greater Portland Volunteer Center staff will be participating in the May T-t-T
Creating Municipal Service Enterprise model
- Continue conversation with Reimagine Service
- Connect Iowa Service Commission re: Municipal model
Task Force members to think about who to approach regarding funding Service Enterprise work.
Professional Development Fund
One application received. Application discussed and unanimously approved.
Reviewed information received from other POL National Service Enterprise Sites regarding fee for service & grant application. Mark will present fee structure at April Resource Development Task Force Meeting.
Meeting tentatively set with FEMA Region 1 Voluntary Liaison, John Stewart, and E&E to talk about MCCS role in disaster recovery for Mar 25 at MEMA office.