The mission of the Maine Commission for Community Service is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
Notice of Regular Business Meeting
Friday, April 19, 2019
Maine Govt East Campus, 19 Elkins Lane Rm 110, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The parking lot faces the Eastside Wellness Center and Harlow Building. Use Arsenal Street to enter the campus.
This link shows the location of the building on the campus.
Map for Driving Directions
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Branham|
|10:15||Call to Order||Branham|
|10:17||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
4. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
5. Motion to approve the agenda
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on March 15, 2019 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meeting on April 2, 2019 be accepted.
C. Financial Oversight
Moved that the report of the Financial Oversight Task Force meeting on March 21, 2019 be accepted.
Moved that the report of the Communications Task Force meeting on April 10, 2019 be accepted..
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|A. No items this month.||Branham|
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:35||C. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Proposed revision to Maine Rural State AmeriCorps grant policy
2. Competitions underway and schedule for Continuations
|10:45||E. National Public Policy issues
1. States for Service
2. America's Service Commissions
|10:55||J. Maine Service Fellows
1. Proposed method of defining rural and other eligibility criteria for host organizations
|11:05||K. MCCS Staff
1. Meetings between National Service Programs and Senator King (April 17), Representative Golden (April 19)
2. Commissioner participation at regional National Service Conference and meetings with CNCS leadership
3. Request in state budget for general funds
4. Maine Volunteer Foundation update
5. CNCS Transition Plan Update and implications for state commissions
|11:20||L. CNCS Update||Hite|
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|11:25||A. Proposed change in Youth Service award program||Crofton|
|Business Wrap Up|
|11:30 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (May 17, 2019 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)
C. Adjourn to National Service Program Staff luncheon and presentations
|11:35 pm to 1:30 pm||Working lunch: National Service Program staff meet with Commission members to provide overview of accomplishments, participant roles, communities served, and goals.|