The mission of the Maine Commission for Community Service is to foster and inspire community service and volunteerism to address critical needs in the State of Maine.
Notice of Regular Business Meeting
Friday, June 21, 2019
Maine Govt East Campus, 19 Elkins Lane Rm 110, Augusta, ME 04333
All business meetings are open to the public. The parking lot faces the Eastside Wellness Center and Harlow Building. Use Arsenal Street to enter the campus.
This link shows the location of the building on the campus.
Map for Driving Directions
|10:00||Public Comment Period||Pellenz|
|10:15||Call to Order||Pellenz|
|10:17||Welcome, Announcements, Agenda Adjustments
2. Quiz Answer
3. Announcements and Appreciations
4. Additions, Deletions, Changes to Agenda
5. Motion to approve the agenda
Moved that the minutes of the Commission meeting on May 17, 2019 be approved.
B. Executive Committee
Moved that the report of the Executive Committee meeting on June 4, 2019 be accepted.
|Planning and Future Initiatives|
|10:35||A. Commission retreat
1. Proposed dates. Call for planning committee volunteers. Commissioners' thoughts on content.
B. Summer/early fall schedule
C. Report on May 17 meeting with Maine Volunteer Foundation
D. Champion of Service Award nominations
(Reports submitted are posted.)
|10:40||A. Financial Oversight
1. Commission feedback on proposed scorecard for finances
|10:45||B. National Public Policy issues
1. 2020 federal budget
|10:50||C. Maine Service Fellows
1. Update from 6/20 meeting
|11:00||D. Grant Selection and Performance
1. Recommendations for AmeriCorps Formula Continuation Awards
2. Recommendations for new AmeriCorps Formula program awards
1. Proposed tag line and other items from meeting.
|11:20||F. MCCS Staff
1. Maine Volunteer Leadership Conference update
2. Request in state budget for general funds
3. Communications Officer hiring process
4. Summer and Sept/Oct Commission schedule
|11:30||G. CNCS Update||Hite|
|Focus on Mission Responsibilities|
|11:35||A. Report on May 21 meeting with CNCS leadership||Tilton-Flood|
|Business Wrap Up|
|11:45 pm||A. Reminder: Complete meeting evaluation forms
B. Next meeting (Sept. 26/27, 2019 -- Rm 110, MCCS Offices)
C. Adjourn to task force meetings