Skip to main content
Administrative Staff Reports
May 1, 2019
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed – April 2019
- Began earnest outreach for upcoming AmeriCorps Formula competitions including email contact with more than 50 organizations and specific follow-up with organizations that have expressed interest in the Rural model in the past competitions but who did not apply. Did targeted outreach to a specific agency to move the Commission priority for School Readiness forward. Despite repeated attempts, the Commission has not been able to elicit an Readiness focused application in competitions in recent years.
- Developed and finalized a workplan for rural grantee support and outreach to potential applicants in the rim counties.
- Set up Service Enterprise training cohort introduction in Rockland for mid-May and planned a Service Enterprise “Train the Trainer” event for late May with pre-training webinar, also in mid-May. MCCS is partnering with the Points of Light Foundation to offer the training , which is funded through the Volunteer Generation Fund grant.
- Supported planning of the Governor’s Service Award events and assisted in the Seadogs Roll of Honor event and the Roll of Honor Celebration and Youth Awards in Oakland, at Messalonskee High School. Also supported planning for National Service Staff luncheon training with Commissioners.
- Ramped up planning for the Northeast Regional Conference, representing Maine programs and the Commission of the planning team. Finalized CNCS participation and session proposal reviews and also provided feedback on conference agenda and was accepted as a presenter.
- Supported coordination and set-up for two separate Congressional visits in Lewiston.
Issues to be aware of –
- Service Enterprise Train the Trainer rsvp’s have been slower than expected.
- Interest in Rural and regular Formula opportunities has been good, but the turnaround time is short and so the number for final applications is challenging to predict ahead of the due date
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Final outreach and planning support for potential AC Formula applicants. Meeting with Readiness program agency representatives and continued email and phone support for applicants considering rural programs.
- Service Enterprise planning and execution for Midcoast Introduction and cohort formation and Completion of Train the Trainer opportunity.
- Presenting at Positive Youth Development Conference in May on Gap Year opportunities for graduating seniors.
- Workshop for rural grantee start-ups. Hands-on problem-solving session not able to be held in May (likely for June).
- Update program guidance for grantees and plan for support of grant reviewers.
Other activity –
- Supporting new staff in learning various procedures.
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.