Administrative Staff Reports
February 6, 2020
Jan 2020 Administrative Staff Report
Program Development & Training Officer
Major projects completed –
- Hosted staff of new Volunteer Generation Fund grantees for a day of start-up training, including review of agreement, compliance, finance and OnCorps use and setting of targets
- Met with new rural awardee to finalize application content and make budget and other corrections. Established start date and set dates for additional training
- Drafted contracts using new state template for new & continuing VGF grantees. Worked on close out for the two programs electing not to continue.
- Began AmeriCorps Member Conference planning
- Provided a broad range of support and technical assistance to new program staff at a number of AmeriCorps programs sites, including site visit to
Issues to be aware of –
- Grantees continue to have staff turnover that puts them at risk of compliance errors and necessitate extensive technical assistance. Changes at Campus Compact, Trekkers, and at Healthy Acadia continue to require increased support.
- The development of the multi-agency agreement to support the REDI Volunteer Management platform for use in times of disaster has been significantly delayed by an IT review of contract terms.
Major focus of effort in the new month –
- Major planning for AmeriCorps Member Conference, scheduled for April 1st
- Outreach to potential formula applicants
- Work with Alfond on Logic Model and program design features for a summer start.
- Engage VGF contractor and provide follow-up training to continuation applicants. Set up Service Enterprise training for AC and VGF grantees. Partner with newly trained SE Trainers to set up their cohorts required for finalizing their certification.
- Review and fund Professional Development Fund applications that meet established criteria
Other activity –
- Ongoing AmeriCorps & VGF Technical Assistance to existing grantees via email, teleconference & face to face.
- Procurement system management and initial entry of financial documents in state purchasing system, including purchase orders, bids, and contracts.